If you have forgotten your Australian Business Number (ABN), you can try the following steps to retrieve it:
- Check your records: Look for any previous correspondence or documentation related to your business, such as registration certificates, tax returns, or business activity statements. Your ABN might be printed or mentioned on these documents.
- Search online: Visit the Australian Business Register (ABR) website at www.abr.business.gov.au and use the “ABN Lookup” tool. Enter your business name or other relevant details to search for your Australian Business Number. This tool provides publicly available information about registered Australian businesses, including their ABNs.
- Contact the Australian Business Register (ABR): If you cannot find your ABN through the online search, you can contact the ABR directly for assistance. You can reach them via phone at 13 92 26 (within Australia) or +61 2 6216 1111 (from overseas). Explain your situation and provide any relevant information about your business to help them locate your Australian Business Number.
- Consult with your accountant or tax advisor: If you have an accountant or tax advisor who handles your business finances, they might have your Australian Business Number on record. Reach out to them and ask for assistance in retrieving your Australian Business Number.
- Check your business registration documents: If you registered your business as a company, partnership, or other formal structure, review your registration documents such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) certificate or partnership agreement. Your Australian Business Number should be mentioned in these documents.
Remember, it’s important to keep your ABN secure and only share it with authorized parties or when required for legitimate business purposes.